SUP Vic’s purpose is to develop the sport of stand up paddle boarding throughout Victoria and to encourage participation at all levels, across the various disciplines of the sport, including surfing, racing, down winding, flat water cruising and new branches of the sport as they emerge. In all its activities, whether social, training and competitive, SUP VIC endeavours to be wholly inclusive of women, children, minority groups and people with special needs, and to provide a safe and fun environment for all to enjoy the sport now and well into the future.
SUP VIC GENERAL CODE OF CONDUCT:
The SUP Vic General Code of Conduct provides a set of guidelines for behaviour in and around the club to ensure that all participants, club members, spectators, officials and volunteers have a clear understanding of the behaviour that is expected from everyone in support of the mission statement above.
We expect that all event participants, club members, spectators, officials and volunteers will:
· Remember that the Club and its activities are run by volunteers, who give freely of their time and personal resources to ensure your enjoyment of our sport. Be patient, tolerant and respectful of volunteers at all times;
· Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion;
· Support, encourage and involve all participants regardless of their talent level and never ridicule or yell at participants for errors or poor performance;
· Always consider the wellbeing and safety of participants ahead of performance and results;
· Encourage participants to value their performances and not just results;
· Encourage and guide participants to accept responsibility for their own performance and behavior at all times;
· Maintain respectful and appropriate relationships with all participants;
· Ensure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of participants;
· Promote the positive aspects of the sport;
· Display consistently high standards of good sporting behavior including respecting official’s decisions;
· Refrain from using offensive language or behavior;
· Never behave in a manner that would damage the reputation of the club;
· Act as good role models and ambassadors for the club at all times;
· Adhere to and support Club policies and follow all applicable guidelines laid down by any relevant state or national governing bodies from time to time.
The SUP Vic committee reserves the right under the Club’s Constitution to take disciplinary action against any members who breaches any aspects the Code of Conduct.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR SOCIAL MEDIA:
SUP Vic runs several social media spaces on Facebook and Instagram for club members and friends to connect, share information, post events and paddling activities and generally share the stoke. The following is a list of guidelines for commenting on the Club’s social media spaces, for posts to blogs and forums and posts and for posts to the cub’s sub-groups and Pod pages.
· Stay constructive and on-topic please;
· No spamming;
· No offensive language;
· No personal attacks;
· No hostile, derogatory or deliberately insulting comments toward a specific individual, group of brand;
· No flaming (posting comments intended to induce an angry response)
· If you have customer service issues, business propositions, or other issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUP Vic’s social media sites have a large public following and as such are moderated by its administrators. SUP Vic reserves the right to remove any comment at any time for any reason. If a portion of a comment is deemed inappropriate, the entire comment will be deleted. If a person is deemed to repeatedly breach this code of conduct they may be removed from the respective group at the administrator’s and or committee’s discretion and or to take disciplinary action if the Club’s committee feels it is warranted.