SUP VIC GENERAL CODE OF CONDUCT:
The SUP Vic General Code of Conduct provides a set of guidelines for behaviour in and around the club to ensure that all participants, club members, spectators, officials and volunteers have a clear understanding of the behaviour that is expected from everyone in support of the mission statement above.
We expect that all event participants, club members, spectators, officials and volunteers will:
- Remember that the Club and its activities are run by volunteers, who give freely of their time and personal resources to enhance your enjoyment of our sport. Be patient, tolerant and respectful of volunteers at all times;
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every person regardless of their gender, ability, age, cultural background or religion;
- Support, encourage and involve all participants regardless of their talent level and never ridicule or yell at/abuse participants for errors or poor performance;
- Always consider the wellbeing and safety of participants ahead of performance and results;
- Encourage participants to value their performances and not just results;
- Encourage and guide participants to accept responsibility for their own performance and behaviour at all times;
- Maintain respectful and appropriate relationships with all participants;
- Ensure activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of participants;
- Promote the positive aspects of the sport;
- Display consistently high standards of good sporting behaviour including respecting official’s decisions;
- Refrain from using offensive language or behaviour;
- Never behave in a manner that would damage the reputation of the club;
- Act as good role models and ambassadors for the club at all times;
- Adhere to and support the Club mission, purposes and policies and follow all applicable guidelines laid down by the Club and any relevant state or national governing bodies as may occur from time to time.
The SUP Vic committee reserves the right under the Club’s Constitution to take disciplinary action, including cancellation of Club membership, against any members who breaches any aspects the Code of Conduct.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR
SUP Vic runs several social media spaces on Facebook and Instagram for club members and friends to connect, share information, post events and paddling activities and generally share the stoke of SUP. The following is a list of guidelines for commenting on the Club’s social media spaces, for posts on blogs and forums and for posts on the Club’s sub-groups and Pod pages.
· Stay constructive and on-topic;
· No spamming;
· No offensive language;
· No personal attacks;
· No hostile, derogatory or deliberately insulting comments toward a specific individual, the Club, group or brand;
· No flaming (posting comments intended to induce an angry response)
If you have customer service issues, business
propositions, or other issues, please email email@example.com.
SUP Vic’s social media sites have a large public following and as such are moderated by its administrators. SUP Vic reserves the right to remove any comment at any time for any reason. If a portion of a comment is deemed inappropriate, the entire comment will be deleted. If a person is deemed to repeatedly breach this code of conduct they may be removed from the respective group at the administrator’s and or committee’s discretion and or be subject to disciplinary action if the Club’s committee feels it is warranted.
If any SUP Vic member has an issue with the conduct of any SUP Vic members, participants, volunteers, officials and or spectators, they should address this directly with the SUP Vic committee by emailing your issue(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.